Followers

Click on photos to enlarge.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday Alchemy #53 - Over the Pastel Rainbow

Hello!

It's time again for another challenge at Tuesday Alchemy.  The theme for Challenge #53 is Over the Pastel Rainbow, and who doesn't love using pastels! 

The prizes are awesome and are as follows: 

Di's Digi Downloads - $10 store voucher

Stitchy Bear Stamps - $10 Store Voucher

LEJDesigns - 4 Digital Images


The DT was challenged to choose a color and do a monochromatic card in that color, and I chose green.  Huh??  What was I thinking?  Green butterflies?  Green flowers?  I must have REALLY been in the mood for a true challenge.  LOL!  But not being one to back down, here is what I came up with:

How's that for some green?  There are green flowers out there, and who knows, maybe somewhere in the tropics there may be some type of green butterfly.  (These almost look like the common sulphur yellow that are soon to be seen in the garden.)


The image is from Stitchy Bear and is "Floral Swirl," which you can find here.  I paper pieced the flowers with scraps of green printed CS and popped them up on dimensionals, and the butterflies were white which I colored with yellow-green and green Copics.  There are butterflies printed which are part of the floral stamp, but I felt like going the 3-D route this time and covered them with my embossed die cut lovelies.

I glittered the stamens on the flowers.

I applied SU Shimmer Paint to the debossed areas of the base layer.  Why debossed?  Because I was sloppy in applying the paint to the embossed side and thought I'd give the debossed side a try before trashing the piece, and turns out I preferred the look! 


I made a nice, squashy bow out of hand dyed seam binding then added a custom charm which I already had on hand - perfect match!

And that, dear friends, is my monochromatic pastel card.  Thank you so much for joining me today, and do stop on over at Tuesday Alchemy to play along and see what the rest of the lovely DT has made for your inspiration! 

Happy crafting!



Supplies:

Stamps: Floral Swirl (Stitchy Bear)
Paper: Always Artichoke, Wild Wasabi, Subtles Stack (SU); white scraps, green print scraps
Ink: printer
Extras: Dies: Ovals Stax 1 & 2 (Dienamics); Embosslits Beautiful Wings (SU), Copics, rhinestones, seam binding, custom charm, Shimmer Paint (SU), ef (unknown)

Challenges entered:

SCS TLC422 - Monochromatic Madness
Incy Wincy - Pastels
Love to Create #58 - Pastels
Inky Impressions #102 - Flowers
Charisma Cardz Challenge #11 - Diecuts
3 Girl JAM #14 - Green w/Ribbon
Frosted Designs - Up, Up and Away
Really Reasonable Ribbon #68 - Flowers & Ribbon
Red Carpet Studio #29 - The Secret Garden
613 Ave. Create - Anything Goes

21 comments:

Viv said...

Just beautiful!

Sue said...

So beautiful Shea. I love the floral swirl, gorgeous shades of green and wonderful detailing
Hugs Sue xx

Kristie Goulet said...

I for one, and happy with all this green, yes even the greenish/yellowish butterflies! They are beautiful! Love all the detail. Mwah!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

This is so pretty Shea, love that hanging charm, such a gorgeous touch. Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions this time:)

Jackie W said...

Great job with the green! Love the detail and squashy bow! Thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs!
Jackie GDT

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card Shea, love the gorgeous image and fab design.

Donna x

Vicky said...

A beautiful card, thank you for sharing your flowers with us at Inky Impressions this week

hugs Vicky xxx

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

My goodness Shea, this card is absolutely stunning. You impress me more and more with every card I see.

Hugs,
Lisa

Unknown said...

Shea this turned out lovely! You did a great job on the painting and the little charm is perfect!
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Lydia said...

Gorgeous greens! Love your card. So glad you played along with us at Frosted Designs!

Donna Ellis said...

Gorgeous Green card, Shea! My favorite part is the pretty dangly, beaded charm from the bow. The debossed shimmer looks great! I have not tried that yet. Glad you attempted it before tossing your experimental piece! Beautiful card. hugs, de

Edie said...

This is truly a very lovely card. The shimmer paint,the paper pieced flowers, and the glittered stamens makes this card so appealing to the eye! Great job! Really happy you chose to share this with us at 613 Avenue Create.

Nikki said...

Love all the greens and the little bead embelli is so pretty thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy This week hugs Nikki & DT

Cheri said...

This is gorgeous! I really like the green and yellow color pallet. My favorite part is the beautiful charm. Thanks for joining in on the 3 Girl JAM challenge.

Cheri - 3 Girl JAM DT
www.djssundries.blogspot.com

Jovan said...

Beautiful card...thanks for joining 3 Girl JAM!

217 Creations said...

Beautiful Card! Thank you for joining in at Frosted Designs!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty! Great color and love the details! Thanks for joining us over at 3 Girl Jam Challenges! DT Member Carri~Abusybee

Anonymous said...

I love the green Shea! The green flowers & butterflies look just fine! I love your charm. I think it would probably be easier for me to use than a stick pin! I am in the process of moving to Aubrey. My sister lives in Carrollton! It would be fun if we could craft together some time! Thank you for sharing with us at our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing more of your crafty goodness. Hugs~Patti

Shea said...

Oh how lovely, Patti - that would be so much fun! Let me know when you're all settled and we can meet!!

Sandra Carey said...

Beautiful card Thanks for joining us this week at Love to Create Hugs Sandra http://careyscards.blogspot.co.uk/

Elizabeth Hart said...

I love all the different shades of green on this card - very fresh and fun.